Apple is launching a new series of hands-on sessions called, “Today at Apple” at all 495 of their Apple Store locations around the world.
The sessions range from a variety of topics such as photos and videos to music, coding, art and design. These session will be led by highly trained Apple team members and in-select cities, there will be world-class artists, photographers and musicians that will teach sessions from the basics to how-to lessons to professional-level programs.
Here are some of the programs that will be offered:
- Studio Hours are Apple’s version of a professor’s office hours. Creative Pros host 90-minute sessions on topics from art and design to documents and presentations. Anyone is welcome to bring in a personal project for advice from experts, or to use the space to work alongside others.
- Photo or Sketch Walks help attendees go beyond capturing moments by exploring new techniques hands on as they interact in their local community. Photo Walks include sessions such as framing architecture or capturing action on video, while Sketch Walks explore observational drawings, watercolour and brush techniques, and more.
- Kids Hour is designed to spark imagination and creativity through fun, hands-on projects. Sessions include coding with Sphero robots, Creating Music with GarageBand, and Making Movies Together with iMovie.
- Coding sessions are meant to introduce anyone to coding through Swift Playgrounds, an iPad app designed to make coding interactive and fun for beginners. These sessions will explore coding concepts with the same code professional developers use every day.**
- Photo Labs bring in talented photographers to experiment with new techniques and styles or uncover a new point of view in hands-on sessions. Similarly, Music Labs explore different genres and beats to introduce new tools to musicians of all levels.*
- Pro Series take advanced users on a deep dive into Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X with sessions on colour correction and grading to post production, or audio mixing to editing for emotion, and more.*
- Perspectives and Performances, offered at select stores, feature influential artists and musicians talking about their creative process or sharing their talents live.
*In select stores
**In most countries
The “Today at Apple” session will start tomorrow, May 17th and those interested, can sign-up for session on Apple’s website. And to celebrate the first weekend of new programs, on Saturday May 20th, every Apple Store location will host a Photo Walk and Kids Hour and new sessions will be offered each week.
from WordPress http://ift.tt/2rd66D3